Arroz Con Dulce (Coconut Rice Pudding)Print
Servings: 24 4oz Cups
- 4 cups water
- 4 sticks cinnamon
- 8 whole cloves
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 cups medium grain white rice
- 1 can cream of coconut
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 cup granulaed sugar
- 1/2 cup dak brown sugar
- Let your rice soak in a bowl of water for at least two hours.
- In a medium sized pot, add your spices and 4 cups of water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Take a large pot and add 1 cup of water, coconut milk, evaporated milk, butter, and salt and bring so a simmer.
- Once the pot starts to simmer, add your vanilla, nutmeg, and rice.
- Drain the spice water in a bowl and discard all the spices except for the cinnamon sticks. They will be added to the large pot.
- Add the spiced water to the large pot and cook for 20-25 minutes on medium heat or until the rice is cooked. Cover your pot.
- Stir the rice occasionally so that the rice does not burn to the bottom of the pot.
- Once your rice has cooked, add your coconut cream and condensed milk to the mixture and stir to combine everything.
- Add your dark sugar and granulated sugar and mix well.
- Cook the mixture for another 10-15 minutes on low to medium heat. Cover the pot.
- Stir the mixture and allow the liquid to evaporate a little bit, or until you have reached your desired consistency. The longer the liquid is evaporated, the thicker the rice pudding will be.
** Don't walk away from the stove and leave the mixture unattended. This mixture requires that it be stirred occasionally to avoid the rice being burned.**