- 8 oz Granulated sugar
- 2 oz Water
- 6 oz Heavy Whipping Cream
- Combine the sugar and water in a heavy saucepan. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- With a pastry brush and some water, lightly damped the sides of the saucepan to avoid crystallization.
- Do Not Stir! Stirring will cause the sugar to crystallize. Swirl the saucepan instead in a circular motion.
- Lower the heat once the sugar starts turning to turn color.
- Be Extremly Careful!
Caramel is EXTREMLY HOT and will burn you if not handled properly.
- Once the sugar has turned a light golden brown, add the heavy whipping cream.
At this point, add the heavy whipping cream in a steady stream while mixing with a wooden spoon fairly quickly.
- Once the mixture and heavy whipping cream have combined, take it off the stove and serve in heat proof containers/bowls and let it come to room temperature.
Add a little bit of Sea Salt for Salted Caramel. (To Taste)
Add a little bit of liquor to the cooled caramel to get a nice Cordial sauce. (To Taste)