- 454 Grams Egg Yolks
- 170 Grams Granulated Sugar
- 1 Tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 227 Grams Egg Whites
- 170 Grams Bread Flour sifted
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Whip the egg yolks, 85 grams of the granulated sugar, and vanilla on medium until thick and light in color, about 10 minutes.
- Whip the egg whites on medium speed until frothy. Gradually add the remaining 85 grams of granulated sugar while continuing to whip, then whip until medium peaks form.
- Gently fold in the remaking egg whites to the egg yolk mixture.
- Gradually fold in the sifted flour.
- Spread the batter in the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake immediately at 400°F until the cake springs back when touched, about 7 - 10 minutes.
- Run a pairing knife along the edge of the sheet pan, to help separate the cake. Sift powdered sugar on top and place a tea towel over the cake. Place another sheet pan or cutting cboard, and invert the cake, then use the towel to help roll the cake.
- Let the cake cool completely before unrolling it.