Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 L
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. Make sure to do this on low heat and stir continuously. (You can also melt the chocolate in the microwave in 10 second increments, stirring between each 10-second interval.)
- Add the butter to the melted chocolate and stir constantly. Then add the egg yolks to the chocolate mixture. Do no incorporate air when mixing.
- Whip the egg whites in a stand mixer. Once you start to see the bottom of the bowl, add the sugar in a slow and continuous stream. Continue to whip until medium to stiff peaks form and set aside.
- In another bowl, whip the heavy cream in a stand mixer until stiff peaks form and set aside.
- Now, take the chocolate mixture and fold in the heavy cream first. Then fold in the egg whites into the chocolate just until combined. Do Not Over Mix.
- Fill a pastry bag with the chocolate mousse and serve into dishes or however you like.
Adding in the butter: The butter must be at room temperature. If the butter is too cold or melted, the chocolate will seize. To test the consistency of "Stiff Peaks" Once you have whipped the heavy cream, take the bowl and flip it upside down over a clean counter. If the heavy cream stays in side the bowl, you have achieved stiff peaks. If not, keep whipping. How to prevent over mixing To prevent over mixing the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, leave some "ribbon" inside. This means that you are leaving streaks of egg whites in the chocolate mousse.
Please follow and like us: