Best Ever Royal IcingPrint
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 3 dozen cookies
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 12 tbsp merengue powder
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt *the salt is used to enhance the flavor
- Sift together the powdered sugar, merengue powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a stand mixer, add the paddle attachment and start mixing the dry ingredients slowly.
- Slowly pour about 1/2 cup of water first and let it mix for 3 minutes on medium to high speed.
- Stop the mixer and scrap down the sides of the bowl.
- Add the pure vanilla extract and continue to mix for another 5 minutes on medium to low speed.
- You will see that the mixture will start to thicken.
- If you like the consistency, stop the machine, and cover the icing immediatly to avoid having the royal icing dry up on you.
Note: If you see that the consistency it too thick, add more water a tablespoon at a time. Do not water down the mixture for once it is too wet, the consistency will be too runny to use as outlines for cookies or decorating. Storage: Up to 10 days in the refrigerator.
Please follow and like us: