So a few days ago, I saw on my Facebook feed that someone attempted to make the Great Canadian HEINZ Ketchup Cake that was on the back of his ketchup bottle. There were some mixed reviews, and I knew I just had to try to judge for myself. Well, not only did I make the recipe, I actually made it into cupcakes to share with people around Lake Nona in Orlando. I opted out in using their cream cheese frosting,and decided to use my own Crusting Cream Cheese Buttercream.
Want to see how random people reacted to the cupcakes, Check It Out Here!
The original recipe, can be found here: http://www.kraftcanada.com/recipes/great-canadian-heinz-ketchup-cake-193998
Great Canadian HEINZ Ketchup Cake RecipePrint
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Heinz Tomato Ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp red food coloring
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and spices together. Mix well.
- Mix the water, ketchup, and red food coloring together.
- Beat the unsalted butter and dark brown sugar together until light and fluffy (approx. 5 minutes).
- Add the flour mixture, alternating with the wet ingredients in three parts. Starting with the flour. (dry, wet, dry, wet, dry)
- Fill your cupcake pans and place in your pre-heated oven.
- Bake the cupcakes for 20 minutes.
- When the cupcakes are done, let them cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes.
- Add your favorite Cream Cheese frosting and Enjoy!