Passion Fruit Crème AnglaisePrint
- 6 Oz Whole Milk
- 10 Oz Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1/2 Vanilla Bean
- 3.5 Oz Granulated Sugar
- 5 Oz Egg Yolks
- 3 Oz Passion Fruit Purée
- Bring the milk, cream, vanilla bean, and 1/4 of the granulated sugar to a simmer.
- Whisk together 3/4 of the sugar with the egg yolks, then whisk in the passion fruit purée.
- Once the liquid mixture has simmered, mix about 1/4 into the egg yolk mixture to temper it. Then combine all the ingredients in the saucepan and carefully cook to 180°F.
- Strain the mixture into a clean bowl, place plastic film on top, making sure to touch the top of the mixture to avoid a skin from forming.
- Place in the refrigerator and allow it to cool completely before using.
Please follow and like us: