Mantecaditos (Latin Shortbread Cookies)
- 1/2 cup emulsified shortening
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 tbsp Brandy Liqour
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. Grease two trays of cookies
2. With electric mixer the butter mixture , butter, sugar, egg yolks , rum and almond extract until smooth . Then add the flour gradually .
3. A mixed knead some time and shape the mixture into small balls .
4. Place on a tray leaving a 1-inch space between one mantecadito and another.
5. Press a finger into the center of each ball and place in the center of each a slice of colored sprinkles.
6. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool .
Tips : Place the oven rack in the second or third level to prevent burning underneath. I recommend also use parchment paper or silicone baking mat cookies.